The Medicare Annual Coordinated Election Period Has Begun!
During the Annual Coordinated Election Period, which runs from October 15th through December 7th, people with Medicare can change their choice of health coverage (whether they receive that coverage through a private Medicare Advantage plan or traditional Medicare), and add, drop or change Medicare Part D drug coverage.
For more information and to get help reviewing coverage options:
- Visit www.medicare.gov to see plan coverage and costs available in various geographic areas, and to enroll in a new plan or make a change. Open Enrollment information is available in Spanish.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) for around-the-clock assistance to find out more about coverage options. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. Multilingual counseling is available.
- Review the 2014 Medicare & You handbook. It is accessible online at www.medicare.gov/pubs/pdf/10050.pdf, and it has been mailed to the homes of people with Medicare.
- Get one-on-one counseling assistance from the local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Local SHIP contact information can be found:
- At www.medicare.gov/contacts/organization-search-criteria.aspx or,
- On the back of the 2014 Medicare & You handbook or,
- By calling Medicare (contact information above).