Speech Generating Devices
What Are Speech-Generating Devices?
SGDs are typically tablet-like units that allow a person to communicate thoughts by electronic voice generation when he or she is no longer able to speak. Without an SGD, which is highly personalized and uniquely programmed, many people are isolated and awake, trapped inside a body they cannot control, with no ability to communicate.
Why are SGD's So Important - Watch this Video and You Will See.
Articles & Updates
- Steve Gleason Enduring Voices Act Introduced May 17, 2017
- Better Medicare Coverage of Speech Generating Devices Aug 6, 2015
- Steve Gleason Act Passes in Congress: Center for Medicare Advocacy is Proud to Partner with Team Gleason Jul 16, 2015
- Medicare Takes a Big Step Forward to Help People Communicate – But There’s More to Do Apr 30, 2015
- “Until there is a cure, technology is the cure.” Feb 5, 2015
- Welcome Reprieve for People Who Need Speech Generating Devices (SGDs) To Communicate Nov 7, 2014
- We Need Your Speech Generating Device (SGD) Stories! Oct 29, 2014
- Medicare’s Reluctance to Embrace Technology: Effects on the Coverage of Speech Generating Devices Jun 5, 2014