About the Center for Medicare Advocacy
The Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc., established in 1986, is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan law organization that provides education, advocacy and legal assistance to help older people and people with disabilities obtain fair access to Medicare and quality health care. The Center is headquartered in Connecticut and Washington, DC with offices throughout the country.
- Representing thousands of individuals in appeals of Medicare denials.
- Responding to approximately 7000 telephone and email inquiries each year.
- Producing a wide array of electronic and hard copy educational materials.
- Advocating in administrative, judicial, and legislative forums,
- Pursuing Medicare coverage for individuals and for dually eligible beneficiaries (individuals who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid).
- Providing legal training and support nationwide as well as for Connecticut’s state health insurance and assistance (SHIP) program, known in Connecticut as CHOICES.
The Center’s staff act as consultants and trainers for groups that are interested in learning about health care rights, Medicare coverage and appeals, or in developing Medicare advocacy projects.