Medicare Information by Topic
Medicare can be confusing, even for people who are familiar with our nation's health care system. The Center's Medicare Topics section has the information you need to make informed decisions.
Use the menu items below or to the left for detailed Medicare information by category.
If you are new to the world of Medicare, and need some basic information to get started, learn more using the Center’s Medicare Basics section. There you will find an overview of the program, and information about premiums, deductibles, qualifications, enrollment, coverage and appeals.
- Ambulance Coverage
- Chronic Conditions
- Dental/Oral Health
- Discharge Planning
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Health Equity
- Hearing Care & Audiology
- Home Health
- Improvement Standard and Jimmo
- Long Term Care Hospitals
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Facts & Fiction
- Medicare for People Under Age 65
- Medicare “Reform” Proposals – Protect Our Care!
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Medicare Secondary Payer Program
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Coverage Under Medicare
- Nursing Home / Skilled Nursing Facility Care
- Observation Status & Barrows v. Sebelius
- Part B
- Part D / Prescription Drug Benefits
- Quality of Care
- Rehabilitation Hospital Services
- Site Neutral Payment for Rehab. Care
- Speech Generating Devices (SGDs)